Why did this come to this ?
- Proposition 98 in 1988, perhaps the most famous of the initiatives, has locked $30 bn for education. Nobody can touch that even if theoretically revenues fall below 30bn.
- Proposition 10 in 1988 has locked $ 522 m for childhood development
- Proposition 71 earmarks $ 3 bn over 10 years for stem cell research
- Proposition 12 of 2008 mandates a cost of $ 1.8 bn over 30 years to fund veterans to purchase farms and houses
- Proposition 1A of 2008 mandates $10bn in bonds to cover a high speed rail link mainly from San Francisco to Los Angeles (what has the world come to - a Los Angelite to travel by train instead of a car ?)