Thursday 23 April 2009

Dilemmas - I

Ethics are either black or white - there are no shades of grey in my view, as I posted before.

But there are some situations in business life where ethically it seems OK, but morally its not so clear. In such a situation, an individual's value systems determine what's right or wrong and there is no one right way.

I intend to post a few dilemma's over the next few days. I have no answers for any of them - each of you readers will have your own "right" way.

Here's the first of the them.

You've worked in a company for 10 years. You've wanted a key job, but are not getting it. Your company's direct competitor is offering you that position. Remember its your direct competitor, whom you have spent the last 10 years of your life fighting.

Would you take it ?

2 comments:

le embrouille blogueur said...

hmmmm... you made thinking Ramesh.Loyalty against ambition.Cannot think of what I would do this moment!! Keep them coming.

Adesh Sidhu said...

I guess I would try to look at the reason why I am not given that position in my company. If some skill is missing in me which is required, I will stick. If position is not offered because of corporate nuisances then I will take it.

Nice series..will look forward to next episode...

Blog Archive

Featured from the archives